Here's what I'm making tonight (well it should be "bruschette" to be correct Italian but hey...).
Ingredients for 6 small bruschettas:
200g "passata" (tomato puree)
125 g mozzarella, sliced
6 slices of bread (I used medium slices of brown bread, but you can use anything)
A small tin of anchovies
Black olives, pitted
Herbes de Provence
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
2. Toast the slices of bread (to prevent them from getting too soggy from the tomato sauce).
3. Make the tomato sauce: in a bowl, mix the passata with olive oil, the herbes de Provence, pepper and salt.
Use about 2 or 3 times the amount of olive oil and herbs you think you need (it will give a nice taste).
4. Place the toasted bread slices in an oven proof tray and spoon the tomato sauce generously over them.
5. Garnish with an anchovy or 2 (depending on the size of the bread slice and your taste for anchovies), a slice of mozzarella and some black olives.
6. Cook for 5-10 minutes, until the mozzarella is melted.