Saturday 25 May 2013

Pangasius filet with lemon and sugar snap peas

I had never heard of pangasius fish before living in Belgium. I first had it in our work canteen, who, like for all white fish, makes it taste almost, but not quite, entirely unlike fish (yes, I stole this line from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy, it is Towel Day after all...).

Anyway, when I saw it in the shop I though I'd give it a second chance, and cook it my favourite way for fish: in the oven with some green veg, lemon, dill and olive oil. That's pretty much fool-proof: just blanch the green veg first if they're a type that won't cook as fast as the fish (not necessary for sugar snap peas), layer green veg/fish/lemon, and pop it in at 230 (210 for a fan oven) for 10-20 min depending on the thickness of the fish filets.
This is what you get:

I made butternut squash purée with this (the BF had requested purée), and the hardest part was cutting the squash (those things are really tough!).

Anyway, the purée (with some herbes de Provence and double cream) turned out OK too.

So here's the result:

No comments:

Post a Comment